Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Robert Pattinson on the cover of The Hollywood Reporter


In Robert Pattinson‘s new interview with THR, he talks Twilightand more. There are also some smokin’ hot new pics. See below for all the goodness!
thr_robert_pattinson_3_h
thr_robert_pattinson_2_h
Issue_20_Robert_Pattinson_Cover_a_p

On Twilight:
He’d done an audition tape when he was at home in London, “with Tom [Sturridge] playing Bella.” After that, director Catherine Hardwicke called him at 2:30 in the morning, when they had “this ridicu­lous conversation, and I hadn’t read the books or the script or anything and I just bullshitted on the phone.”
Now he went to Hardwicke’s home in Venice, Calif., where he met Stewart, already cast in the lead role, for the first time. “They were doing screen tests with four people,” he recalls. “In one of the scenes, I [was meant] to take my shirt off, and I think I was the one guy who didn’t.”
Lionsgate wasn’t immediately sold on him, and some of the producers wondered whether he was too old for the role of an eternal high-schooler (he was 21 at the time), but his agent kept pushing. “Stephanie was like, ‘You’ve got to go and meet the producers and just shave 20 times before you go,’ ” he says.
The big shave worked, and Pattinson got the part: “It was basically the last-chance saloon when I got Twilight.”
The franchise’s five films changed his life, to his surprise. He’d thought this would be “like [Hardwicke's previous film] Thirteen but with vampires. I genuinely had no idea it was going to be a [blockbuster].” He says the role of Edward was unexpectedly challenging: “It was quite a constricting character, in a way. You want to make [him] as dramatic as possible, but you have someone who never loses his temper, and so it’s like, ‘How the f– do you do this?’ I think that was one of the hardest jobs I’ve ever done.”
Pattinson spent the next four years in the Twilight zone and barely has stopped working since. He hasn’t had a vacation in years, partly because fame makes it hard for him to travel. “I don’t think I’ve been anywhere other than for work,” he says. “I have a fear of missing out.”
“Everything changed when they did the marketing, and the general public started to view [the films] in a different way when they started to push the ‘team’ aspect of it,” he says of an otherwise positive experience. “It was like, ‘I’m on Team Edward or Team Jacob.’ That saturated everything, and suddenly there was a backlash. Whereas with the first [film], there wasn’t a backlash at all.”
On Keeping Up With Kellan Lutz:
He keeps up with some of his Twilight pals, too, and occasionally plays poker with Kellan Lutz, who’s considerably better than he is, to his chagrin. “It’s ridiculous!” he says. “It’s like they basically just ask, ‘Do you want to spend $500 to hang with us?’ ‘Oh, great!’ “

0 comments:


About Me

My photo
Your # one Edward And Bella / Twilight Fan Club You'll Get New update Everyday So Come Everyday